Friday, June 18, 2010

Larry Lives!!

Fans will recall an earlier post about Larry, the Zombie Mouse, Leader of the Ravaging Hoard of four-legged fur butts that call my house their own.

Well, I successfully waged war on the furry hoard and they have retreated from the field. But Larry lives. He has taken to darting from the living room, across the kitchen floor, and into the wall space behind the stove. Always at 6:00 a.m. when I am at my most vulnerable.

At least I think that's where he goes. I see him start from the living room. I know he makes it to the roll-away dishwasher in the middle of the kitchen. But he always seems to disappear after that.

Unless he is taking a ride in the old pizza box that I keep forgetting is stuck under the dishwasher, he is disappearing into an unknown black hole. An alternative verminous dimension where he is the king.

He taunts me. His furry little sprint is just to show me he has no fear. (Although he does move dang quick when he catches my eye.)

He has thrown down the gauntlet of startlement. He messes with me before I have had coffee.

This means war.

1 comment:

  1. Larry is back?!! (Another example of "The king is dead, long live the king!")

    Sorry, I keep forgetting to check this. I thought I had signed up to get updates whenever you add to it, but clearly I've made an error.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments.

Sea Glass Memories

For the tide of man is but one wave that washes upon these shores, for his deeds, and fears, and battles will wash away. Ground and polish...